Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Useful JANE Links

A list of useful links and tutorials for completing your very own Jane A. Stickle quilt.

  • Connie's Quilts - all I can say is WOW! Connie has a block-by-block, blow-by-blow analysis of the blocks she has made. For some it's just too much, for some of us it's a fascinating read .. take what you will and enjoy it. Connie has also generously posted detailed photos of the original Jane A. Stickle quilt here and here.
  • Dear Jane® - lots of information by book author Brenda Papadakis, most specifially tips for piecing blocks in rows A-G and H-M.
  • Minka's Studio - again, another quilter who is not afraid to make "improvements" to the patterns. Check out her blog yourself, she has a number of categories including "replacement" and "redrafted" blocks. Her preferred methods are hand piecing and hand applique.





If you know of any other blogs, photos, tutorials or ideas you think I should add to this list, please feel free to let me know!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definitely second the link to That Quilt. It's a really, really, REALLY useful place!

I also read http://aquiltersjourneybackintime.blogspot.com/ which has a list of "oops" blocks which the blogger has redone to be closer to the original ones rather than what's in the book.

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Off now to check some of these links..
Have a loveliest of weekends! xx

Karen said...

Contemporary Jane, now doesn't that sound like fun! I have been on my Dear Jane Journey since October 2008, hand piecing just one block a week (a 4 year plan) and I have enjoyed every minute of it so far. I look forward to following the progress of Contemporary Jane.

Jolanda said...

These links are great. I followed specially That Quilt. I would like to join in the group, but am not sure if it is OK. I already finished my blocks and am finishing the borders. My fabrics are from Free Spirit and I think they are quite contemporary. Let me know if you would like to let me join the group. Thanks and hugs. Jolanda

Minka said...

Just discovered your link to my blog. Thank you!
Minka/Mindy