Monday, June 20, 2011

Granny Weaver


J-6

Dear Jane® book reference: Block J-6, page 92

Jovita's Method:  machine pieced

My comments:  This block was easy peasy ... I followed Twiddletails perfect instructions for strip-piecing it!  Just click on over here and you'll be all set.

Yes, too easy, but I wanted to ease us all in, I hope no one minds.  There are more difficult blocks and we will be getting to those ... but why make life hard on the first day.

Instead I thought I'd talk about the fabric ...

This fabulous fabric gives lots of options for Contemporary Jane blocks .. I figure I'll be able to get at least five blocks out of it without anyone knowing it was the same piece.  hehe, the red arrow is meant to point at the tip of the leaf that I used for this block.

Fussy cutting for Jane
Jane M-2
In fact, here's the 2nd block I've cut from it already although it is a reject ... maybe ... not sure ... more about that later. LMAO .. just noticed this block is called "Duff's Bluff" that just tickles my funny bone.  (Dear Jane® book reference: Block M-2, page 113)  But you can probably spot the two leaves I used (one is just above the red arrow) .. cool, huh?

Check out the selvage too .. this is a Phillip Jacobs fabric .. they play along great with Kaffe's fabrics and I'm not being a snob .. if I like it it goes!

So there you have it!  Block one of ... um ... 169 blocks.  But I promise it's going to be a fun ride full of tons of information.  Your input is also highly regarded, if you have questions, comments or ideas, please don't hesitate to drop me an email!

Thanks for quilting along, Jovita

Other links to this block: Dear Jane® and A Quilter's Journey

1 comment:

Valentina said...

Yoohoo!
I am so happy to be doing this together. Your J-6 is a beauty! Looking forward to see how mine turns out. :)