Monday, June 20, 2011

Contemporary Jane Kick-off

Hi ladies and gents!  I am truly sorry it has taken me so long to get this going ... I could make excuses, but let's just get this ball rolling instead!  I am so excited about this quilt and quilting along with all of you!

Quite a few ladies have signed up for our Contemporary Jane quilt along ... if you're name's not on the list be sure and let me know ... or linky up your blog here.


And boy oh boy have some of you ladies who are joining us been busy!  

Be sure check out our Flickr group, these ladies have been uploading pics faster than I can blink ... you'll want to check these out!  Quiltdiva is working in BATIKS, "Pink" has posted some fabulous PINK and green blocks while Bea is also working along with KAFFE fabrics, 

With everything going on I haven't done much past my first seven blocks, but two are partially hand-pieced in my take-along bag and if I have anything to say, they will be finished this week - bringing my tally up to 9 blocks.

CJ mosaic

So, you're asking how is this going to work?  Well, once a week Deb, Maria or I will post here, Under the Willow Tree, a new block that we've made.  We'll tell you how we made it and what worked or didn't work.  You are welcome to work ahead, behind or right along with us ... we're not setting limits or deadlines, we're just going to have fun!

... our aim is to make "our" Jane ... we're not using reproductions but sticking to fabrics that reflect us now and with the freedom to add, change or leave out blocks that don't fancy us. To get an idea of what we mean, check out our "Contemporary Jane" board on Pinterest. For more useful Jane links, please see this post.

So Ladies and Gentlemen, hold onto your hats ... heeeeeeer we gooooooo!!

No comments: